New Delhi: Credit card, debit card, ATM card and banking fraud are increasing. In order to protect its customers from all such frauds, India’s largest public sector Indian State Bank issued some guidelines. SBI warned users to be alert to avoid card scamming fraud.
In the mail given to the customers, the lender warns the fraudulent card holders. Card skimming is the act of mimicking the credit, debit or ATM card data illegally. While the Magistrip ATM-cum-debit card has now been replaced with the EMV chip card, it is possible to have card scamming fraud.
Follow these guidelines to avoid card fraud
1. Do not delegate to your SBI card, including company representative or friends.
2. While putting your PIN on a public place or ATM, cover your keypad.
3. Ensure that your card has been used / swipe in its presence
4. To avoid theft, remember to collect your card after each transaction.Even if they claim to be a State Bank of India representative
5. Do not reveal your PIN to anyone.
6. Do not share your PIN, OTP, CVV and net banking user id and password with anyone.
1. Call 24×7 SBI Call Center to inform the bank.
2. Write an email to [email protected]
3. Send a SMS “problem” to 9212500888.
5. Contact the bank via Twitter handle @SBICard_Connect
5. To report transactions, go to the closest bank branch or the breech of your home.
It can be noted that if a customer or SBI gets fraud without any negligence, then the customer will not be liable to bear the loss if he reports the matter to the bank within 48-72 working Hours. . A customer will be entitled to full compensation in spite of a reduction on contributory fraud, negligence, SBI card, whether or not the customer has been informed of the transaction or not.
However, if there is a loss due to negligence by a customer, such as the customer has shared payment credentials such as credit card details, PIN, CVV, OTP or for improper security on leading consumer devices for mobile, laptop, desktop like malware The reason is , Trojan or phishing etc., the customer will be held liable and will not be entitled to any compensation.